PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair on grass in Poland - Taxi incident
Old 5th May 2008, 15:21
Bomber Harris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aerostar.....you said
"From a take-off performance perspective, there is never, ever, ever any reason or need to taxi past the end of the piano keys when lining up an aircraft." and just to repeat a few of those words again "never, ever, ever "

And the you said a few posts later "I recall flying into Leeds from memory (correct me if i'm wrong) but there I regularly went past the piano keys to get extra usable runway in front of me"

My god I'm confused. I think you want to sound like you are correct and perfect and all that kinda stuff, but it just sounds confusing and arrogant.

The piano keys are NOT the definition of the end of the manovering area. Neither is a white line (why do all the plonkers keep repeating that and proving they don't know the regs?). Look at the photos....there are NO markings on this runway, there is no line of any description. Lots of ryanair destinations use turning pads so we are programed to use them. This is clearly an airport operations issue. Someone had to be the person to highlight it. Just glad it wasn't me and in this way. But i am prepared to admit....it could have been me. (bet you'd never say that aerostar)