PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Screening Out The Nutters
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2008, 11:05
Cap'n Arrr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are a few options available that I can think of off the top of my head.

1. Dont pass them for a flight review, or recommend them for a licence test. Attitude is part of airmanship, which as just as big a part of aviation as landing.

2. Make clear notes as to the cause of your concern in the students records. As has been said, speak with the CFI, CP, school manager and senior staff. If, as has been said, he flogs a plane without proper authorisation, FFS do not sign the form after the fact to "tidy things up"

3. If he displays too much attitude in the briefing, cancel the flight. If you're airborne, cancel the lesson and turn back to land. I'm obviously not talking about minor things, but if you feel its serious enough...

4. The most serious one. Refuse to fly with him under any circumstances. Explain why in a calm manner to both him and the CFI. Do not get emotional about it, simply state the facts, and that you feel distinctly unsafe, or personality clash, or whatever reason it is.

5. The less "moral" one: Deliberately make his training unpleasant (and no I haven't ever done this, nor do I advocate it). He will take his business elsewhere, whether the school likes it or not. REPEAT: I DO NOT ADVOCATE DOING THIS!!!

Most of the ones I've given are for fairly serious guys, who you feel are a risk to themselves and/or others. Otherwise, turn up and teach, but DO NOT MOVE ON TO THE NEXT LESSON until he reaches the required standard, both in handling AND airmanship.