PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I am the CPT so you do as i say
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2008, 07:41
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Absuing..

Thanks for coming back. OK, I must admit what you describe doesn't sound right or reasonable. Do you know if he/she behaves consistently in a similar fashion with other crewmembers on other flights? Has he/she always behaved like this or has his/her behaviour changed of late? If you are sure the behaviour is consistent, it happens frequently and that it is detrimental to the operation of the aircraft then IMHO you are going to have to talk to one of your managers about it ( Standing by for incoming from some of my Flight Deck colleagues).

My opening line would probably be "I don't know if it's just me, but I'm not getting on very well with one of our Captains", and take it from there. Be very careful about what you say and personally I wouldn't even give the Captain's name until/unless asked. Above all be factual, do not use hearsay (e.g. "she told me that the Captain told her" ) or express too much in the way of personal opinion ( e.g." I think he/she is a *****") just describe what was said to you and events you personally witnessed. Then let your manager suggest a course of action.

Do also bear in mind this Captain may have personal issues that may be effecting their behaviour so don't rush to judgement - you never know what lies beneath.

Last edited by wiggy; 5th May 2008 at 16:17.