PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2008, 19:30
Hipsway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear....The Aberdeen basher (Pumaboy) is back. If Aberdeen is such a bad place and us Aberdonians are such a miserable bunch, can you tell us all about the Utopia where you reside and perhaps enlighten us all with your witty tales of cities where people's **** doesn't smell and where no-one bothers to focus on spelling at School? If you don't like Aberdeen, keep it to yourself chum.

On a positive note, I checked in at ABZ on business the other day and found to my surprise that the check in area has finally been extended. What a difference.. no hassles with security which has also been expanded in recent times, and straight into the business lounge which isn't too bad.

Only small complaint is upon return to the airport from my recent Nigeria trip (via AMS of course) the customs border control and baggage reclaim area is still too small. I believe the airport management are looking at fixing this, does anyone know what they are planning to do?

PS - As with everything else in Aberdeen, we are slow to catch up with the rest of the world. I think we have always been a geographically and politically isolated city but we do eventually get there in the end and on that basis we will get our runway extension at some point in the near future.

As a regular passenger, I've seen great improvements to the airport over the past few years, although it's clear that there is still some way to go. BAA or no BAA, I think the airport will continue to improve.

Any more bollocks about Aberdeen, Glasgow etc, then I suggest the perpetrator should try experience "life" in Nigeria to try and get an appreciation of just how lucky we are living in the UK.