PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I am the CPT so you do as i say
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2008, 12:55
wingbar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, sorry cabin crew's.

You need to know that the Captain has spent years in training as an F/o and has been through the severities of the flight training system, proven himself to his company and others. No matter what you think of him/ her, his opinion counts, and is the FINAL word.

I'm an F/o having spent years in training to get there, I listen to my captain and respect his authority, unless it's something safety related that should be challenged.
So with that in mind, as cabin crew, you should remember the rank order on the aircraft. It starts at the front, and tails off at the back. Sorry but thats the way of it, NOT my 'bad' CRM!
Some of the cabin crew and indeed the flight deck, don't really know what Crm is, and it gets used as an excuse for certain people to do what they want, an attribute that to CRM.

And by the way, if you don't like this having a boss, a leader, a captain, go and find a job where you don't have a boss, very difficult to do these days!

I did some time as cabin crew too, and I can say that the folks up front 99% had earned that position through hard graft, dedication, and years of personal investment and sacrifice.
If you want a position like that, then like one of the above posters said, go get your self an atpl and go through the fun and games of getting there.

Rant over!