PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - costs of Jets
Thread: costs of Jets
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2008, 12:31
radicalrabit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FF

Ok I am awake now... just read your comments. (didnt realise that so many pilots were members of insomniacs 'r us)

I was saying that a B200 might not be as "posh" for want of a better word as a jet but considering all of what we want to do , and those who have helped me most on here know more of what that entails, Will be as versatile as we need. Now, given all the wealth of advice, comments both positive and negative, I am reasonably certain that $1.8m will get us what we want.

I don't know if you were trying to have a dig but no these smaller aircraft you listed in your last post will not do the job as the range or lift (load) is going to vary. But you were quite correct on your initial opinion as to what we need rather than what we might want.

I am reasonably confident now of doing my training both here and abroad, of having the correctly equipped aircraft with another pilot with me until I get beyond 500 hours, and will hit that within 11 months. A daily rate of under 3 hours per day.
But having said all that I am still going to go and look at The Beech 400 and Citation 550 incase there is something else I have missed or that we can do to make things easier or more cost efficient.

PACE, Chili AND EVERYONE ELSE.

Thanks for a really educational week and look forward to having a beer with you in due course.

Just dying of impatience now....back to the books and wizz-wheel