Thread: costs of Jets
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2008, 17:41
radicalrabit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Flint

Ok
points noted ..appologies to the "professional pilots",

You seem to think that I have a desire to fly once in a blue moon and fly with less than the required amount of skill as implied by the Gibe at the arrogant and reckless authors of disaster you mentioned Doctors Dentists and the like.

I have been assured that by flying every day for what will be at least 11 months I wont be in the catagory of the part time pilot. That by flying in Canada America here in the UK and in France I will have a better level of development than many pilots get. Ok so I wont be flying for an Airline or Charter company air taxi or what ever but the differences really go beyond that .

With having two families 600 miles apart, other commitments that need me to be in two places at once, Flying is going to be a daily part of my life from here to and within France. ALSO I doubt I will fall into the catagory of the American arrogant Buisiness mind set professionals who go in for synchronised CFIT.

It seems not all pilots accept there is only one way to learn and some very experienced pilots have already offered to act as safety pilot for me once I have done the training and have the first 200 hours ME and instrument rating done. That for me I think is where the real learning will begin.

Actually both the Cheyenne and the B200 can be flown single pilot and on a PPL but I chose to go the CPL /ATPL route because I want the most training and best skills development I can afford.

Anyway...

Is it so hard to accept that you can be trained to fly outside the "normal" model and have professional tuition and support without having to remain tied to one particular training organisation or another, without having to fly commercially to gain daily flying experience? The only difference I can see is that in our model I get to decide where we fly not someone else who is paying the cost for the day.

At my age going into commercial aviation is a non starter and I wish I had this opportunity 30 years ago but went in to the forces instead..and well the rest is history .

I dont see me ever taking chances because I value my life and thoes of my kids as well and I dont see why a PPL shouldnt strive to have the same skills as a commercial jet pilot.

From what I have read so far, not that many PPLs rake up 200 to 300 hours a year flying time do they ? So What is wrong with flying your own aircraft. I think flying a Warrior or Cherokee from a small field to where we collect the B200 or what ever then flying that to where ever we need to go and after its back and put away, flying back home will be enough hours to stay current dont you ?

Sorry for the rant but people on here do seem to think "ppls" are some form of inferior species and cant mix it with the big boys.

Last edited by radicalrabit; 3rd May 2008 at 22:58. Reason: typing errors..