PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RACWA
Thread: RACWA
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2008, 11:59
FRQ Charlie Bravo

Location: ˙ǝqɐq ǝɯ ʇ,uıɐ ʇɐɥʇ 'sɔıʇɐqoɹǝɐ ɹoɟ uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɯɐu ɹıǝɥʇ ʇnd ǝɯos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not leaving my wingman

My self and 3 of my housemates are training at the club and it's nothing like you described it.Yeh most instructors are young and leave within 6months or so but they are there to build hours and work.Once you get to the cpl stage you'll have a choice of some pretty decent and expirienced cats and that's where you make sure you grab a hold of one.Good place for training but rates are a bit high.
(sic)

FP ACE, As Lasiorhinus will no doubt agree Ab Initio is where the training really counts. Poor CPL training (getting your ETA to within + or - 2 minutes) isn't going to kill you and your passengers; stalling whilst over-rotating will (Flying lesson 3 I think). There's something terribly wrong when the teachers are last year's/month's graduates (mentors yes, teachers no).

Don't expect a reply; I'm sure that FP Ace (Figher Pilot Ace methinks) is probably too busy sitting up on the RACWA roof trying to intercept the odd VHF transmission from Pearce or standing in front of the tele at Western Airmotive watching Top Gun... hoping that maybe this time Goose will make it (sorry to spoil the plot guys).

Yeah, RACWA is pretty useless except as a great place to:
1 - crosshire something
2 - act as a black hole to suck all the weekend warriors to the western end of the field.

FRQ CB

OK FP Ace, sorry that was a bit rude. Truth be known I'm pretty sure that I saw Air America (the whole thing) in WAM.

Last edited by FRQ Charlie Bravo; 3rd May 2008 at 15:17. Reason: Making amends to my young friend