PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - costs of Jets
Thread: costs of Jets
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2008, 03:33
radicalrabit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
presumptions here?

If I wanted to have a stress free life and be a passenger I would go Ryan air or who ever and buy a ticket!!!!!.

The plan is to work towards my ATPL, I just have no intention of flying commercially. I will get a pilot to fly with me, it seems like the responsible thing to do and You never stop learning or training and that doesnt just apply to pilots.

Have a few mates that flew Jet provosts Jaguars and Harriers but never had the luxury of someone holding their hand for 3 to 5 years. They did spend some part of every day flying though. And two of them got shot at quite frequently at one point which I ssomething you dont get on your average Citation trip.

My budget for training is £45k this year and next year is £120k and I will fly every damned minute I can with an instructor or safety pilot until I know I can cope with most things that lifes gremlins can conjour up. I am looking at doing some training here some in France some in America and some in Canada, and I think that will give me more than a little insight into the vagaries of the weather and the differences in international airspace.

We have looked at the PC 12 and TBM 700 but to be honest I like the idea of a Jet or a B200. (No I know a Cheyenne Ls400 is faster climbs higher uses less fuel, and I know that the Merlin III is wider and has greater TBO etc that the Jetstream32 is wider and more comfortable but... well they all have other issues dont they?)

And No I dont want a professional Skipper for the boat my brother is one ! And I have already arranged a three year training programme for someone to Manage that asset as well but thanks for your concern.

I dont see why people think being inexperienced goes hand in hand with being an idiot !

Thanks guys (in General) you are all a great help and given the unusual situation have been very tollerant of my lack of knowledge and understanding of aviation but I am learning !