PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cleared to Land?
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2008, 19:31
Piper.Classique

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I don't have taildragger experience and I don't know how well they can climb away once they're in their three-point attitude.
Well, it depends on the taildragger. If you really must use that term. Conventional gear aircraft have, just like nosedraggers, different power/weight ratios. Some will climb from three point, some won't. I prefer not to climb on the back of the drag curve, personally. Though if you were doing this in a tailwheel aircraft you would probably not be doing it in a three point attitude but rather tail high as if for a wheel landing. So you would be in the take-off attitude anyway.
Personally, I would reckon to go around, rather than faff around, but to each their own. Try tugging at Lasham one day, with five tugs, two winches, lots of gliders and NO ATC. Find your bit of grass and weave around the landed gliders, crews going out to fetch them, and try not to drag your fifty metres of rope over a glider. Not to mention the glider pilots screaming for a launch.......They just hate it when you go for fuel, never mind going around!