PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - costs of Jets
Thread: costs of Jets
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2008, 17:06
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RadicalRabit.

You do not even have a PPL and are talking about flying a business jet and your partner from Blackpool to the south of france in all weather.

I have a co-pilot in the citations I fly. He has JAA and FAA Lincences, A JAA ATPL (Frozen soon to become unfrozen) an FAA CPL IR Multi with an SIC on citations he is a Cabair instructor and a very switched on guy. He has 1500 hrs with 600 in jets.

I suggested to him about doing a full type rating and flying the little citation 500 as a relief Captain to me with an experienced co-pilot.
He still does not feel ready or experienced enough to take that extra step.

How do you think with no licences at all that within 300 hrs you will be able to Captain a citation or complex turboprop, in all weaher around Europe.

I am not trying to be rude but it does come across as a bit naive.

My best advice is get an FAA PPL, then add a mullti and an IR, then do a citation SIC. Buy a share in a citation 2 or 1.

Employ a Captain, fly as a co-pilot. Change your SIC for a full rating then still fly but in the left seat but as a pretend Captain with the real one in the right seat.

In about five years you "may" have the qualifications and experience to get rid of the real Captain and take on an SIC yourself.

This is reality not cloud cuckoo land.
You have to be realstic on what you want to achieve and how to achieve that dream. At the moment your not.

I flew a guy in Seneca five single pilot. He held no licences and still doesnt but now flies quite nicely from the right. He achieves his dreams and is quite happy with that.

All the best

Pace