PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All this talk of loans...why?
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2008, 22:19
student88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now, I'm working in an airlines Operations department whilst I'm saving the money and doing my training. I earn about £1,850 a month after tax. I live at home rent free - I don't pay for food either and I drive a car which I don't pay for. However, I do pay for:
  • Car servicing - I drive 1,400 miles a month for the pleasure of working in Luton - put aside £50 per month if you drive as much as I!
  • Petrol - thats another £140 a month
  • Phone bill - £45
  • Gym membership £35
  • Car insurance - o.k., I've only just started paying for it but it's still £80 a month
  • Personal loan - I took out a loan to help build my credit rating and to pay for my PPL. It's about £180 a month for the next 7 months.
  • Random shopping sprees - it's very hard to not spend any money on things unless you really need them! You can account for another £50-£100 here - think about birthday presents, mothers and fathers day, prescriptions. I'm also getting a brace and the consultation alone is £80!
Total - about £630. meaning I have about £1,150 that I can realistically put into a savings account. That's about 35% of my earnings per month that don't see the savings account.

S88