PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - P1 or P1/s for check flights
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2001, 13:21
The Flying I

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beagle - but there is so much nonesense that we have to comply with (where to start??). I'm just saying my hours were checked to make sure they instruction for a rating, JAR revalidation, renewal, etc, with the stated intention of NOT counting rental supervision. There was no question that I could not be p1 on a rental checkout, just that if it was just a rental checkout it was not instructing. If it was more than a rental checkout, it was instructing.
I don't think the FAA have the problem do they - what do they do on rental checkouts? (I've no idea).
I'm also reading and replying to the specific regs Noggin quoted as I do not see what he/she is seeing in them.

>>Noggin is the only one with the correct answer. All in-flight flying supervision carried out by a FI is considered to be 'flight instruction'!

I wish! If only we could turn to one person for 'the corect answer' when the regs are nonesense - it wouldn't matter what the answer was, just one answer would do. In the CAP 53 reg he/she quotes, the case J is specifically reserved as the ONLY case of p1/s or p/us loggable for PPLs (without CAA prior authority) - so it all comes down to: do you think a checkout is a 'test' for the purposes of that regulation? That's the only thing that needs to be discussed, as once that is sorted out, you have the answer. (There's not argument about training - that is logged as p/ut, the question is about p1/s p/us).