PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why does the pilot sit in the back in biplanes?
Old 6th Nov 2001, 22:28
Tiger_ Moth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiger Burn, how can someone who claims 5 hours possibly criticise someone who says 150, your estimate was incredibly wrong, mine was just a bit wrong, even in the First World War you wouldnt have pilots with 5 hours going into combat. And just because I got something slightly wrong it doesnt mean I need to grow up. I have got that book actually and its very good, its even got pictures of the Tiger Moths I fly in.
Its true FNG it does seem to be a custom to be rude to me on these forums. Why do you think that is? Im the young one, so im the one who ought to be rude to you lot while you older more "grown up" people should show your alleged maturity by not slagging me off all the time: Tiger Burn. Especially if they are more wrong than me.

Its true, in the First World War, at least earlier on in it they did regard the spin as certain death, just like fire in the air as Cecil Lewis says.

Sorry to whoever started this topic, I just realised how wildly off the point we`ve spun.