PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air Interview Profile
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2008, 02:04
DOJETDRIVER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I emailed one of the contract agencies directly concerning the T&C's of the KAL A330 FO postition. I also included a summary of my flight times. Granted, they are probably pretty low for the position. Of 4700 hours in airline transport operations, 2700 is in the FRJ Dornier 328Jet aircraft. The other 2000 in in the EMB-145.

I got a response back saying that the 2700 does not count as it's not a commercial aircraft. I replied that it was in commercial operations engaged in flying on behalf of Delta Airlines as Delta Connection, as well as United Airlines as United Express. The reply I got back from that was that the Dornier time does not count as it is a turbo prop aircraft and not a turbo jet aircraft. I then replied informing then that it was INDEED a turbo jet aircraft, as well as included photos of the aircraft engaged in COMMERCIAL JET operations.

This whole exchange left me wondering EXACTLY how much the contract recruiters know about aircraft as well as the operations in which they are employed.