PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are so many people leaving Virgin ?
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2008, 20:45
Av8babe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

Sign it.

I am guessing you didn't actually read or understand my post - I AM LEAVING!!!! as are at least another 6 crew that I am aware of in the next couple of weeks........
You may well be ok on you "fantastic " FSM wage but the rest of us are actually finding life on board a struggle and not just from a monetary perspective.
I am sick and tired of playing by the rules and being overridden by FSMs who so-called know best and give in to obnoxious and bullying passengers just for a quiet life blatantly flouting CAA and Virgin regulations. Now I'm no jobs worth but things should be done by the book if for nothing other than consistancy.
Also I am appalled that I find myself moving to another airline and taking a pay cut sothat I have more realistic prospects and am allowed to use the 10+ years of experience I have in the industry!!!!
In my experience Virgin want it all but are not prepared to pay or reward in other ways for this!
I have also worked my way up in this industry from temp jnr to Inflight manager and then on to SEP instructor so less of the high and mighty if you please......
Don't get too comfortable in your role - you are just a number as well and in this industry there ain't no such thing as loyalty - trust me....