PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oban/Glenforsa News
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2008, 20:25
Ken Wells

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well all I can say is visiting Oban Airport was a very pleasant experience mainly due to the fantastic service from Paul at TLC. Not many airports that refuel your aircraft while using their offices to make yourself a cup of Tea and eating their Jammy Dodgers. The place would die if it wasn't for him.
ATC need a bit of training but the ground handling was superb.

The Lochnell Arms Hotel, 5 min walk from the Airport was the biggest disappointment of our tour of the Western Isles. 8 of us walked there to have lunch, but after seeing the litter and tons of Ciggy Buts on piled up on the floor around the picnic tables and the Fireplace full of old toilet rolls and crisp bags we decided not to risk it.

Shame because it is in a lovely location. How it deserves 3 stars from the Scottish Tourist board is beyond me.

Plockton had an interesting windshear approach. COL was empty as was TIRE. But the scenery is the best in the world.

Reminded me of the Billie Connolly tour of New Zealand as he flew down a Loch and exclaimed. "Look at the view its fantastic just like Scotland, only not as Good!"

It goes without saying that Glenforsa is the Jewel. Great food in the Glenforsa Hotel and a Pilot freiendly enviroment.