PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logbook hours
Thread: Logbook hours
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2001, 13:42
sunnysideup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can see how it all gets very confusing for poor flying clubs.

I have always logged in hours/mins to the nearest five mins (it balances over time.) If anyone has a problem with something as simple as adding up minutes then how the F$£* do you manage to use a wizz wheel or calculate for drift???!!! - hope the batteries never go in your GPS!!

Seriously, it is frustrating when you log in hours and minutes chock to chock (I believe thats whats supposed to happen) but hire aircraft on the hobbs meter (unless some devient has wired it to the master!!!). A lot of people can't relate to the difference and the need to note both.

Add tacho into the equation and you get one big bunch of confused pilots (easily done, apparently)

I have recently looked at a great little gizmo that records hobbs, tacho, engine start/stop, brakes etc and feeds it all by remote to a terminal attached to your PC - perhaps the answer to pilots who can't count in minutes, can't use a calculator, never learnt to use a clock, Americans, Kiwi's, those who can't read simple tech log instructions.....etc......etc.....