PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this truely indicitive of JetStar thinking?
Old 28th Apr 2008, 22:29
blow.n.gasket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this truely indicitive of JetStar thinking?

E-mailed to me the other day.
Let's hope the newly elected JPC are more open than old Rick!
Thank God I'm now out of all this "GA in jets" schoolboy antics!
Until pilots in this country get out of their tribal ways of thinking and unite under one all encompassing industrial umbrella you will continue to be played by management and brown nosers!

My two cents worth,

AIPA have and for the near future been a 747 - 400 club.

If you are not a 747 skipper then stiff sh*t, you get what you get, totally self serving, IMHO.

There is no loyalty to anyone or support for any group who do not pose a threat to 747 senior crew.

They are a bunch of wank##s, and this is experience gained first hand trying to negotiate with them.

If we as a group align ourselves in anyway to this group, we are all putting our destiny in the hands of a self serving group that has no consideration for Jetstar in any way shape or form.

Look at the history, they have tried to stop us from expanding through court action and injunctions, not consultation.

Wake up and smell the roses, JQ is the future, QF is a spent group and are totally irrelevant in the current IR climate, can I make it any more clear?

We have the upper hand, they need us more than they we need them.

If the JPA can truly make themselves a viable force industrially, (and this may take some funding) we will acheive much more than can be gained from everyones so called "expert" negotiators.

The AFAP screwed up the Eastern and Virgin deals, the AIPA have sold the 737 guys a pup, while the JPC/JPA have realised substantial gains for it's members over the last 5 years.

Having said this, the company, having initiated EBA talks early have, in my opinion raised the expectations of the pilot group en mass.

Their apparent inability to seal the deal, and their reluctance to make good with the increased conditions will be at their peril.

I believe we are about to lose some very good and experienced people if they do not come up with something fast.

I think we are worth more than we are being paid, we are working far harder for less than we origionally agreed to and we no longer have the "lifestyle" promise we had hoped for.

Times have changed, and in a lot of ways, we as a group are being shafted.

But until pilots start voting with their feet, all looks rosey to management.

There is no doubt that there exists an enormous opportunity here for pilots in respect to advancement and career, however, this will be difficult to sustain given the resources availed to the training department.

Personally, I do not believe we need to look outside our current pilot cohort to crew the 787, but still we employ from outside.

It is just another aircraft, and each and everyone of us has as much experience as anyone else in the world on this new type.

We do not need any outside help to crew or introduce this aircraft.

I have probably said too much already, but I am sick and tired of the crap I hear, we voted in the Wide Body Agreement so we could control the seniority list for the intro of the 787, IMHO it is as simple as that, we cannot let it get away from us.

Last edited by blow.n.gasket; 28th Apr 2008 at 22:49.