PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Contract Work
Thread: Contract Work
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2008, 08:58
chandlers dad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mungo
Don't be shy... it's perfectly ok to talk about companies' reputations, good or bad...... I'm currently talking to a Calgary based operation and would appreciate a heads up on what I'm getting myself into...
Mungo, sorry to take so long, am overseas flying now.

As Acey said above, if this is Avionico in Calgary, do not go out with them for any amount of money. Better to take your $100 bills and lite cigars with them as you will get more pleasure from it. They will not pay you.

As Citationultra says, at least ACASS pays you. If its in the contract, they will do it, period. If its not in writing and done verbally with you, then YOU will get screwed. Do not believe one thing they tell you over the phone (especially from a male VP), get it in writing. When they say business class travel, its only to and from America then they try to get you to accept economy home. Get it in writing first then there is no discussion.

CitationUltra is correct in that ACASS will call you at times and say "standby, you go out in 2 days" and a week later nothing has happened. This has happened to me several times and now I just tell them "if you want me my pay starts on this day" otherwise find someone else. This is not a game that ACASS is playing but the customer, and in the end its the contract pilot who ends up getting hurt financially over it. ACASS wants you to go out immediately as everyone gets paid the minute you leave home.

Ted,

PM me. We need to chat. Lots of differences there and far too many to post here. What are you flying and where?

CD