PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VCE/HSC Marks. Do They Play A Major Role?
Old 27th Apr 2008, 07:04
Signature

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I found my increased qualifications useful for, was opening more options ahead. I did find, however, that the latest qualification became a further rung higher up the ladder, allowing for better jobs.

For example;

Universities care about your ENTER and your subjects.

Employers care about licences and endorsements. In GA, my degree was of little importance directly to my job, and got no additional money for having it.

Further employers cared about previous work experience, hours mostly, and quals'... I was never asked about school or Uni.

After you've finished school, and on your way, the ENTER will only be a number printed on A4 paper.

Ultimately, this is an industry built upon public respect for professionals (they assume we're smart!). Hit the books hard, there is probably a reason to understand everything you get taught. Pride yourself on your education, but it DOES NOT make you WISE. Use education to get you as far as you can. If QF want maths and physics, get it done, or accept that this avenue won't be available to you.

If your passionate about everything aviation, then it won't ever feel like work.

Best of luck, aim high, and achieve what you want.