PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are so many people leaving Virgin ?
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2008, 22:36
sign-it-to-your-room

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So you think I joined and went straight to an FSM wage? I was a JNR too, I was a SNR, then a purser and then an IFS. I did my time in every rank i.e. over two years. I worked my way up earning not such a good wage in the lower ranks, but the thought that I may one day be earning something decent for the job I did, kept me going. Sure there are the lazy ones. Every job has it. But not all of us. I'm certainly not lazy and spend the majority of my time in Y gossiping the crew and nattering with the pax! The thought of losing everything that I have worked for terrifies me. I feel like I have landed on my feet with my job. I have to make sacrifices, like not seeing my children one Christmas, but yo take the good with the bad which is why I stay.
I stayed neutral during the last pay talks, first of all siding with the company then with the crew But I didnt take offence to SRB letter as some did.

Its plain and simple, if you dont like it THAT much then why stay? I do like it and thats why I'm staying. I just pray that they see sense and dont make me redundant, but in the meantime I'll be downloading application forms for other airlines.