PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shabby paperwork!
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2008, 18:42
davejb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I once won something (other than a raffle),
and the civvy CEO of the very large defence contractor who originated the trophy in question (good PR for the company etc) spent 5 minutes eulogising the ace chap who had the special honour of receiving the first ever 'Miggins, Ellsworth & Lugg Brothers' trophy*

So, having listened to the speech about a chap with a different surname to myself, who had - incidentally - been demoted apparently, I was perhaps a little slow to go up and collect the item...complete with silver salver on which my name was incorrectly inscribed.

Delivering a brief to the Staish a few days later I was invited to proceed ...' okay get on with it, Sgt Brown, or Smith, or whatever your f***ing name is'

Dave

* I have cunningly disguised the company involved to ensure they can't be identifed.

The staish was, on occasion, a little under the weather in the mornings, but I thought him a great man for two reasons -
1) He had a sense of humour and a personality, which so few do.
2) He drove his staish's car into the guardroom one day, apparently having discovered that his gyros had toppled.... for attempting to Kamikaze the miserable son of a b*tch plod in the control room I still owe 'Harry' a pint.