PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ek Airbus upgrades delays
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2008, 17:14
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B Bonga..... you state the following (sorry can't get my quote thing to work)

''It's has become almost a norm that some EK FO's feel it's their right to get command at 3 years and if it doesn't happen, they throw a tantrum.........come on guys. Command gets delayed by a couple of months and it off to "mama Pprune" to whinge............! I think closure of this thread would be appropriate.........or at least an age restriction of some sort''

When a big factor in a pilots decision to come to EK, is the rapid Upgrades, then they have every right to bitch when the company DOES NOT FOLLOW its own written rules. In a nutshell......... qualified F/O's, then Accelerated F/O's, then as a last resort DEC's.

I have never seen an F/O throw a tantrum, as you state, nor do I know one F/O that thinks it is their right to command in 3 years. I have never witnessed it nor have I ever even heard about such antics. Either you are purposely misrepresenting things or you are simply ignorant. Before you get YOUR panties in an uproar,
Ignorant:1. uninstructed, untutored, untaught. Ignorant, illiterate, unlettered, uneducated mean lacking in knowledge or in training. Ignorant may mean knowing little or nothing, or it may mean uninformed about a particular subject.

If Upgrade delays are incurred one single day due to DEC's, then that is clearly wrong. Recently delays have been over a year due to the DEC policy. I only hope that the latest delays will be in the 'few month range' but I suspect that things will quickly deteriorate.

No wonder EK cannot get more than 5 expat F/O's opting for the A380. They all suspect they will be stuck there even longer than the idiotic 2 years the company is freezing them in the right seat.

I think the company has proven beyond reasonable doubt, that the DEC program will never be stopped. This is a serious mistake on the company's part. Every prospective F/O, at least the informed ones, should take a good long look at the 'promises versus reality' of EK management. F/O then Accelerated F/O then DEC is a promise which has not been kept for almost 5 years now.

When more pressure comes upon recruiting then more DEC's will be hired, with less and less viable experience. Simple as that !!

Say goodbye to the few available villas, prepare to coach some of these DEC's for their first year online, and take an educated guess at the Upgrade time frame. Not a pretty picture for an F/O in my opinion.

I think every single F/O who suffers any delay whatsoever, has every right to be pissed off and should be whinging on Pprune. It is the only outlet they have, so cut them some slack.