PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ek Airbus upgrades delays
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2008, 07:21
MR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isnt that logic. If 80 FOs join, 40 old FOs are upgraded. Now you have 40 new captains to fly with 40 FOs net.... If you hire 80 FOs and upgrade 80 FOs you have too many Captains
I see your reasoning Payscale, but NO, it isn't. It would be on an expanding fleet where you would need have 40 NEW captains. Here however, we REPLACE the captains going to the A380, so the total number of guys playing in the left seat remains unchanged...

As for the guys claiming that I'm whinging, fair enough, I probably am.. Then again, who wouldn't in our position?? I'm not upset by having to wait more then 3 years, I perfectly understood what recruitment told me, a MINIMUM of three years.. I am very upset though that I have been bypassed by DEC's, and 'accelerated' guys, while this is completely AGAINST the upgrade path explained to me and how it is written in the FOM..
Once they finally give you a date, and request you not to take your annual leave then... they screw it up, postpone the courses a few months and we suddenly end up with NO leave anymore. The family holidays planned for AFTER the upgrade are now actually right in the middle of the whole process...
And yes, I'm moaning again...

MR8