PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Value of A-levels? University Tuition?
Old 24th Apr 2008, 19:20
FruitSalad

Received 44 Likes on 7 Posts
I have never heard of a univeristy 0 course however the simplist and most reliable answer you will get is by phoning the various flying schools and asking them if they will accept the qualification instead of A-levels. All flying schools require minimum 2 A-levels grade C and above if you wish to go on an integrated/cadet course.

PM me if you want some phone numbers, any answer from the forums isn't as reliable as one straight from the school itself.

University is not essential, most candidates are graduates but bear in mind when they went there were no fees. I applied after A-levels and have a place at a reputable flying school. However I would say it is essential to get some life experience in a full time job for a few months if you do not go to university. This will give you a few more examples to talk about in an interview where you worked in a team etc.. Any further questions PM me.

On a final note every selection/school I have visited has had successful applicants well over 23. 1 of the 4 golden spots on a partially sponsored Flybe scheme was 35, he was a good candidate full of life experience, calm and knowledgable.