PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transition from TP to jet
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2008, 15:20
kelkim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transition from TP to jet

Hi everyone!

After busting my head trying to come up with ways to get rid of the turbo prop spell, I came up with the idea of asking you guys. Probably some of you have had the same thoughts:

At the moment I'm working like a pack mule in the regional sector, flying heavy turbo prop. My company operates both TP and jet aircrafts. And actually when you look from a flying perspective I'm very happy with the TP. However it is SO frustrating that my colleagues in the company, who are flying on jets, are getting a much better deal - for less. I suppose this is the way things are in general and not only in my company. It is just a fact that you build your log book faster, thus making captain faster, you earn more money and you get a vast amount of career posibillites when you sit in a jet.

I'm not posting this to discuss which is better. What I am looking for is a suggestion as to how I can make a transition from TP to jet in the best manner. Unfortunately it is not an option to change types within my company when you fly TP and when I apply to agencies or other companies I get the standard answer: " Buy yourself a rating". This simply cannot be true. I mean.. there must be someone, somewhere that would appreciate a human ressource with commercial flying experience and heavy turbo prop in the log.

Anyone?

- kelkim

Last edited by kelkim; 26th Apr 2008 at 03:50.