PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2008, 18:45
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is that £200 ticket premium a good case of the NE public being ripped off because of where we choose to live (or not, in some cases ), a necessary evil due to our location, or is it added due to airport charges here?

I noticed the only airline to praise ABZ (& I think they meant only the recent management) was Eastern - the same Eastern who charge - or DID - *sky high fares (*some would say) for business pax & the same airline who I recall mentioned that "they were still there" despite the high costs of operating into ABZ.

There is a lack of loco operators at Dyce - people are the same the world over surely? If there is a cheaper way of getting from A to B, then they will take it? Or is the oil industry a captive market, captured by T3 & BA? Will be interesting to see if Flybe's expansion will prove successful, leading to further growth, or if it will all peter out.

City Star did not help themselves (or rather, their management didn't) but I wonder if the costs of operating at Dyce took their toll in the end & contributed to their demise.

Surely there could & should have been more to ABZ than just a "business airport"???

Ah well, all good discussion anyway.