PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are so many people leaving Virgin ?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2008, 21:51
sign-it-to-your-room

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAO 8846 and Av8babe

Well two very different opinions!

What you say 8846 is 100% correct. Yes, I could go off and earn £25k as a junior with other airlines, but I dont fancy 3am calls/4 days on 2 off/and I enjoy that NYC and LA shopping too much, not to mention the caribbean beaches! So for my £34 k as an FSM, I think I'll stay put; and my family and friends that travel free in Upper Class are breathin a sigh of relief!

Of course after all that I'm bound to disagree with what Av8babe says. Maybe its just me, but I didnt find SRBs letter offensive. He spoke plain English. In other words we recieved an 8.9% increase, a promise to look at crew down and gained a block of standby. Better than when you joined, so if you dont like look elsewhere! Simple, no maths. Thats life. Not going to pay anymore so bye bye and "Next please". I dont think thats unreasonable. I like straight talking, so it ticked boxes with me.
As for the service. Well it barely needs commenting on. Still good, which isnt bad, but needs much improvement. It will be resucued though. VA always come out tops in the end even if it did take them a few years to realise that the Reynard seat was pants. Methinks a few emails to SRB may be in order to save J.

In short: If I wanted to work I would. But I dont. I like 80 hours a month and a tan and nice things that no-one else has! So there Over £2000 pm take home for this does the job thank you very much!