PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA Aerobatics Course
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2001, 22:49
stiknruda

Talking

I agree entirely with Flickoff (which in itself must be a first!!)

Doing aeros in a Tiger or a Stampe is infinitely more difficult than in a Pitts. Doing aeros in a C152A is even more difficult. I have met Marcus and seen him fly, which I can attest that that he does very nicely!

I have flown the Steen Skybolt, Chippie, CAP10B, Harvard, various YAKs, Citabrias,etc and all Pitts flavours (save the S2C). I have not flown any of the esoteric plastic fantastic Extras or CAPs.

Nothing so far compares to the Pitts.

I consider myself an aerobatic "plodder" hardly a Sky-God, though I have friends who are! The Pitts (and like Flick, I am biased for the same reason) really does it for me. The single seater S1S/T far outperforms the S2A and although the fixed pitch S1S is not as fast as an S2B (260hp) is as equally capable aerobatically.

The good thing is - is that they fly straight and level, too. So that x-country that will let you see your mates is no problem, either.

Yesterday - I delivered an S2A and returned in an Aerobat. I guess I slow-rolled the Pitts a dozen times just for the fun of it on my 10 min transit. On the return leg in the Aerobat, S&L the whole way.

Today - I returned the Aerobat. I tried one loopy/rolly thing that didn't remotely resemble a conventional barrel roll and put me off anything but S&L!!

I love my Pitts Special!

Every family should have one!!

Stik

edited for accuracy!

[This message has been edited by stiknruda (edited 07 June 2001).]