PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2008, 15:19
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AbeamPoints

I can assure not on drugs! Not my thing!

Just because Ryanair park 20 aircraft does not mean all routes are loss making, the issues here is that they realise that in winter many markets are more seasonal and hence too many frequencies routes available. Removing 20 aircraft is how they take the slack out of the system and ensure half full planes are not flying around!

I am not fully aware of whether the aircraft are on lease or how long is left either, but if Ryanair took over they could as part of any deal ensure that these aircraft were not there headache.

And you know that Jet2 is not making any money on these routes??? Surely you can appreciate that if Ryanair took over the cost of Jet2 management would disappear. What I mean by this is that Ryanair adsorb the cost of taking over Jet2 into the big picture and the operating cost of the old Jet2 would be substantially reduced.

Aircraft operating leases are not a big issue, not if Ryanair wanted the company and it was for sale. As in the case of Buzz if a takeover occured a plan of action would occur and all would eventually progress as did Buzz.

As in the case of Aer Lingus,I believe that they are much better placed than any of the local LoCos ie they have good cost base, good operating margins, young fleet, good brand, and will be around. Brand is key as is cost base and delivery of same. They will be around..

Ryanair can trample over any airports as it pleases, it can ditch the rules all in the name of achieving lower cost and profits, but you will find, price alone is not a guarntee to supremacy in the skies.

THanks for your feedback, obvious that a lot of thought went into it!

Last edited by EI-BUD; 22nd Apr 2008 at 15:22. Reason: spelling