PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Balpa membership and BA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2008, 13:43
Dick Deadeye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of you still don't get it do you?

Take this latest response from Hulkomaniac

In your obsession with your own Ts and Cs - which is undeniably your right - you have directly shafted a number of groups of pilots who have had the misfortune to be brought within or associated with your group.
No we didn't. Our employer may have shafted you, we didn't. We stood up for our own pilots, you didn't. Harsh fact, and I realise that you don't like hearing it, but there it is.

That is why, although I accept OS is a crude management ploy to reduce pilot costs per se across the Western Industry
Well, you got that bit right, so why are you so upset that BA pilots are standing against it? Ashamed of your own failures in the past?

you block and object the slightest thing that might affect your mainline prospects.
Exactly what the BA Company Council is mandated to do. What do you expect them to do? Look after your interests, when those in your company are too weak / indifferent / afraid to do anything themselves?

Join the real world. When I was in BA, I expected the BACC to object to the slightest thing that might affect my mainline prospects. That is what I paid my 1% for, for all those years.

I wonder what would be said if an experienced skipper behaved like that to a brand new FO? Hardly CRM is it?
Anytime anyone starts spouting about CRM, in this sort of industrial context, it is highly indicative that they know they have lost the intellectual argument.

The clincher is the resorting to puerile name calling and insults, as exemplified in the following gems from Hulkomaniac:

I suggest you DO kn0b off and form your own union
the slanted and biaised view of the world you project
those bullying and patronising words.
Perhaps D1ckhead has a point
You are an @rse sir!!!
a disgrace to your community, your union and your profession!
I try not to stoop to your level of vulgar abuse, but with an attitude like yours, I'll make an exception. Thank God you didn't get anywhere near BA.

You come across as exactly the sort of person who blames everyone else for their own problems, whilst being much too afraid to address them head on with your company.

Much easier to whinge and moan on an anonymous forum, about those nasty BA pilots, that's bound to improve matters for you eventually!

To the rest of you, if your T & Cs are not as you would wish, it is up to YOU to do something about them. Takes some backbone though, which might be where the problem lies!