PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyer Show Heathrow 2008
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2008, 09:41
portsharbourflyer
Educated Hillbilly

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WWW,

My statement that those that want to fly will do it anyway may sound rash, but as said I don't think you can plan training to coincide with the good or bad times. To be a good pilot you need to be a considered rational type, but the decision to train as a pilot can only be based on a passion for flying. When you consider the implications of pilot training, the cost and the sacrifice required no rational logical individual would ever consider it.

If you have a passion for flying you are going to do this anyway.

However I do not advocate that anyone should take on excessive debt to do this; but you should progress when you are in a financial position to do so.

It is also quite concerning how taken in some of these posters are by the marketing of the integrated schools. The integrated schools do have a recommendation systems but only for those that meet a certain standard; which I believe is first time passes in all ground exams, CPL flight test and at least series one pass in the IR. Also integrated courses will grade each flight and you will need to achieve a certain average grade across training to get a recommendation. After thet you will still need to pass the airlines own selection criteria.

If you don't get a recommendation then you are faced with having to instruct or fund a type rating the same as a modular student.