PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Balpa membership and BA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2008, 09:27
delwy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Southernboy as an observer who does not have a dog in this particular race, but who has previously commented on the level of vitriol / venom shown by some of the participants I have an observation for you.

Above you accused - incorrectly - M Mouse of directing a comment to you. Despite this being pointed out to you and a post of clarification by M. Mouse you neither acknowledged your error, nor apologised to the mouse. Instead, you have returned to your "attack" theme in which BALPA is your target. This suggests, to me at least, that your manifestly incorrect reading of M Mouse's post was driven by your antipathy and not by your ability to read. That seems to be a characteristic of many of the posters here and I find it unhelpful, if not depressing.

The paradox is that I am a critic of BALPA. Yet the "debate" here is not constructive and there is no sign of making any progress. However, as one who has been at the receiving end of what I believe to be BALPA incompetence, I have little doubt that it is at the NEC level where we will find the problems (and where it looks to me like the BACC have over the years had exactly the same problems as many other CCs).

More joined up thinking and courtesy from everybody would go a long way towards working out what has gone wrong. We can fight with each other, but it will only be to the advantage of our enemies. It takes a special level of stupidity to do that - as is well illustrated in some of the posts in this tread.