PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2008, 04:34
Konehead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Clipped, WHAT THE...?

I reckon do a bit of OT now. Clear some of those debts, put a bit in the savings account and come the bans, sit back and relax. It's alot easier to not be pressured if you are not financially stressed.
Clipped, this is the kind of attitude that just stuns me senseless with it's short-sightedness, naivete and disregard for one's colleagues! We're financially stressed (some more than others) because we haven't had a payrise in 18 months! And our last payrises were insufficient or non-existent! We wouldn't be approaching PIA if no-one was doing O/T! The company would be on it's knees long ago! We'd all be earning just that little bit more to ease the stress! Can't you see that?
I'd like to work some O/T too, but I and many others like me choose not to in order to put the blowtorch on the company. But with people doing O/T, our actions and sacrifice and increasing financial stress are negated. When this is all over, we can all work as much O/T as we like to help put the train-wreck back on the rails, for an increased base-rate too! THINK ABOUT IT!!!