PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 40 and just starting out !!!
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2008, 19:05
Llen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Spitfire

Can't believe I found another ppruner in a similar position to me and also from BRIDGEND!!!

I've just come back from South Africa where I completed the first part of the module 1 course at Progress Flight Academy. It was in fact Bristol Flying Centre that put me in touch with those guys. Had a great experience over there and came back with a PPL and a total hours count of 75. The law and PPL course structure over there has changed recently and has very much brought it in line with JAA PPL. Is this a viable option for you? It's certainly a lot cheaper and much better weather!!!

Like you I'm slightly older than the average student (33 years old) but am determined to fulfill my dream. I have a very similar plan to you in that I am thinking of Bristol Ground School and Bristol Flying centre although my timescales are tighter (assuming that my house sells soon - not holding my breath in current market!!). Since returning from SA I am considering going back and doing a large chunk of the training over there and then converting - still need to do more research on that.

Anyway, if you want any further info on my experience so far PM me and perhaps we could even meet up. I kept a blog whilst over in SA which may interest you - check it out if you have time (www.llenair.*************).

Llen