PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyer Show Heathrow 2008
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2008, 17:00
Air Slidder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the main issue of future economic stability in the aviation sector is important... but extremely hard to predict. I had an email this morning from Meryl Lynch and they are predicting an up turn in 2 months time... and all the economic models I have seen don't seem to be leading to financial tragedy.

The US are in recession but the average recession lasts for 18 months b4 there's growth. This one maybe longer!!! who knows. But as far as i know there is not going to be a deep depression in the future financial forecasts. As for the UK we have a lack of consumer confidence (mainly through what we are told in the media). But the problem here is with the banks and their underwriters, they don't want to lend to each other through fear of losing their future capitol spread... there is money there... and we are still in a state of growth overall. I suppose if the UK and US doesn't pick up well hell you can go and work in the mid-east, india or china if thats your thing.

As for fossil fuels, they are decreasing and there is huge demands on industry to find alternatives. But lets face it people still will need/want to fly... it comes down to human nature.

Sorry about the economic lesson stuff!!!
And that stuff about spending as little as possible is a very sensible thing, as long as your goals are achieved effectively.