PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Balpa membership and BA
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2008, 16:52
Southernboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "debate"

Thank you Capt Jumbo, sadly I think my humble attempt to bring some historical fact & observations of human dynamics to this discussion was not generally well received. No surprises there of course as most threads of this type are popular with those who want to whinge (or bang on in the crew room yet fail to fill in the CC questionaire) and don't want to debate an important issue & find a win win way forward.

BAMANAGER is right, management will be laughing their socks off whilst calculating their bonuses. Divide & rule works every time.

Re this "Just to be clear here, are you saying that Chris Darke did a better job as General Secretary than Jim McAuslan is doing?"

When did I mention who was better? It is historical fact, that CD began the process of making BALPA more inclusive and growing its membership as a result. BA made their contribution too by giving up a constituency seat on the NEC.

The only point I was making was that lessons are seldom learned. CD was ousted - and true or not it was seen as a BA coup - and the BACC failed "help a brother" when it was needed. Am I supposed to censor history to make it more agreeable?

The lesson there, as others have said, is that all learn from the BACC mistake back then & have everyone stand behind anybody's issue, they are all important.

Whatever else may be going on, there is - as I said before - a perceived BA bias, real or not. It's something BALPA needs to fix. That's all.

Last edited by Southernboy; 21st Apr 2008 at 16:53. Reason: typo