PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Balpa membership and BA
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2008, 11:45
757flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quote M.Mouse: The dispute is real enough the legal issue is BA trying to block the BACC's attempt at preventing BA driving a coach and horses through our Ts & Cs in the future. Why not undermine the BACC just like a certain UK airline did to the Australian pilots in their major dispute in the 80s?

This is a completely different situation, you are asking (demanding) that other pilot groups take secondary action against BA re Openskies by not accepting employment, at the same time you are not taking any action due to a court case!!! In other words you are demanding that other people fight your battles for you!! There is no strike busting going on here (unlike the aussie dispute). Seems to me you want your cake and eat it. What support have you given to other fellow Balpa companies in the past in the way of secondary action?? NOTHING because it is illegal and also i very much suspect there would be zero interest about disputes outside BA.

Openskies is NOT BA, it is a seperate company, it isnt even going to operate in the UK!! Tell me.... if Lufthansa set up a similar operation would you be taking the action you are now?? I think not, you are not even challenging the so called piss poor terms and conditions of this company, BUT you want everybody on the mainline seniority list?? doesnt add up!!

Why dont you demand that Air France pilots .... Delta pilots etc are on your master list as well because they WILL be operating out of heathrow in direct competition to BA, they are your biggest threat to your very existance! AF/KLM are going to convert terminal 4 into a Skyteam terminal with direct connections and routes to the USA!! You need to support Openskies so BA can take competition to the back yard of Lufti AF KLM etc that way you will be securing your future terms and conditions.

The times are achanging, move with them or die.

Last edited by 757flyer; 21st Apr 2008 at 12:10.