PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Balpa membership and BA
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2008, 09:47
Pidge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HH. I once flew jets in a fully-owned subsidiary of your company 'under the tailfin' and I don't remember you jumping up and down that I was on near half what your FOs take home. Was I there because I was talentless or was it a great stepping stone for a young pilot scrabbling for a job post 9-11. I've also taken and passed your 'gold standard' (and yet surprisingly simple) selection process but thankfully took the right course of action and remain in the more challenging, relaxed and enjoyable arena of charter flying. I almost left flying when at your now defunct subsidiary, I disliked it so much. Now I love my job.

I hope you guys get what you want and keep your well earned contracts and I know it means much to the rest of our industry (as does our current merger). Flying a 757 on mediocre pay (not buttons) for OS is no bad stepping stone and why should that bottom feeder who plainly could never reach you extraordinary standards give any form of sh*te how that effects you? You guys certainly never did it for us.

I rarely have a bad day at the office and that includes flying with many ex RAF, RN and air corps fellas, but in my 8 years flying airliners and I've had one of those days when I want to go home and cause my poor partner ear ache over the pompous, over confident, boring t*rd I've just had to spend hours sitting next to, why is it they are almost always ex-supersonic HUD drivers who used to wear light blue.

I think tosser was a bit rich too.
I'm off to visually hand fly my airbus into a greek island and be home tonight (as I always am) to enjoy 5 days off followed by 3 (never used) standbys for buttons.

How's terminal 5?