PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Balpa membership and BA
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2008, 08:14
Tandemrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to illustrate what BA BALPA are up against:

In Apr 2002, Charizard wrote:
You have to remember that actually, some of us would be delighted to do your jobs at 2/3rds the salary - hey, we'd probably do it better too!
Well you tried, but then somebody came along, who could do it even cheaper!

And so the wheel turns, until we ALL end up where the accountants want us!

Though to be fair, six months later, once he had his 'feet under the table', the same person was asking:
Does anybody know by what percentage going onto BA Ts and Cs would ACTUALLY affect BACX ? I don't believe for a minute the cries of doom from management - but it must presumably have SOME effect.
It would be interesting to know that figure, if only to rebut Management Pilots and Trainers who are all sying it would bring BACX down

As I recall, his view was entirely consistent with others who post here. In other words, they wanted to replace 160 or so mainline pilots in the regions, because they were cheaper.

But as soon as they had their feet under the table, they didn't want to be cheaper anymore!

No wonder they were so disappointed when a few were denied mainline seniority, by BA - not BALPA!

I can anticipate precisely the same arguments from OS pilots. Particularly after a few months of 12-14, two man, transatlantic sectors!

Last edited by Tandemrotor; 21st Apr 2008 at 08:56.