PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Balpa membership and BA
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2008, 20:24
Shaka Zulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Differences in opinion about what happened in the past....
Well done boys for watering the arguments down again into a pissing contest.
If everyone thinks that negotiations/company strategies/deals etc are that transparant to rationalize how 'bad' the BACC is in a couple of lines need to have their heads checked.

For me a couple of things are sure:
(being ex-ezy and current ba) A big Union membership and a strong set of clever individuals on the Company Council won't harm your case.

Wether you like it or not, what happens at BA WILL influence your T&C's in the medium/long term. Just a simple fact of economics.

So many things are changing in the aviation landscape that it's almost hard to keep with.

As a simple BA pilot, I work very hard for my company and for that I expect to be appropriately rewarded. Many friends are in completely different companies with their different reasons for being there. I won't digress into a slanging match with people that have axes to grind.
Most of us just get on with it and do not get involved much with party politics. The back office strategies of a massive union like BALPA will not be understood by me anyway, never ever.

Btw, in EZY I definitely felt the backing of BALPA and the EZY CC to drive T&C's up to a sensible level. Truth hurts... but we seem to be very able slagging others off instead of taking actions ourselves to improve our own companies.
I count myself in that category. I have the utmost of respect for anyone who will stand to be a union rep and genuinely tries to make a difference.