PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Balpa membership and BA
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2008, 10:51
Hulkomaniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And the relevance???

The BACX thing was a merger of three wholly owned BA subsidiaries. It had just achieved BALPA recognition by the Company, hence the answer to your first point is:

SUFFICIENT!

The answer to your second, as you are probably also well aware is that on startup, Thomsonfly (at CVT) had miniscule specific membership representation, since its pilots came from all over the industry - many as direct entry captains, and direct entry training captains - positions which they retained on the uplift. (remind when that last happened with BA??)
Again, thanks entirely to our BALCC, that membership was raised to its current high level - I don't know the exact figure, nor that of FCA, but the answer is again:

SUFFICIENT!

The difference twixt BA and BAL/TFly (thank God) is that the latter work for everyone within the group, not just the chosen few. Even longer standing issues such as Orion seniority have not been dealt with in the BA fashion. However, it is not traditional for BAL/TFly personnel to descend to the pprune/BA gutters, so I shall leave it - (and you) - at that. I'm quite sure people will make up their own minds.

PS - nearly missed point 3.
I am told about Airbus into LCY, I am told about no payrise for four years, I am told about reminder of scope clauses and mention of downgrade to Dash-8s, I am told about the expiry of the scope agreement in just under two years when the RJ guys/gals are history.....unless of course BACC change their mind and 'help' them with their ambitions to get into mainline.
So yes, I report only what I've been told by ex colleagues who remain within the dead hand of BA. Why don't you ask THEM!!!!