PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots with history of recreational drug use.Do I stand a chance?
Old 20th Apr 2008, 08:41
DHC6to8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drugs are for losers mate

I'll tell you a little story mate... a good friend of mine went for the same selection as I did... we lived in the same place in Afrika for over 2 years together.... I passed and he didn't... you know why? Well, he smoked dope, dropped pills and drank himself stupid every weekend... and I had no farking idea he was doing this and we were mates... but during the selection every candidate had to sign a release form, piss in a cup, give blood, and a hair clipping..... guess what... I came out clean without worries mate.... my mate got dropped from the program, and the prospective employer made sure every other major airline within 100 miles knew about him. I work for a respectful, professional airline now. My mate floats between bush operators on small equipment wondering where he went wrong...
I would tend to say that once you go down this path of substance abuse it will forever follow you. If you like to drop pills for a good time, who's to say that droping pills to stay awake on a long haul or to go to sleep won't come into play.
Please go tell the medical doctor what you have been doing and seek professional advice and or help.
Cheers mate
6to8