PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Balpa membership and BA
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2008, 04:32
Dick Deadeye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whinging wimps

At last!

Thank you TR for stating the blindingly obvious to those who don't want to hear it!

glaringly obvious that the reason BA pilots enjoy such (relatively) good T&Cs, is - purely because union representation is extraordinarily strong within the company
Spot on!

This level of representation enables those that negotiate on our behalf to negotiate from a position of strength.
Spot on!

It always saddens me when people working for companies with low levels of membership, or inadequate 'Company Councils', feel pilots from other companies should take up the 'cudgels' on their behalf!
Entirely in keeping with the general outlook on life some of these pilots have.

Nothing is their responsibility, everyone else should be looking after their interests, whilst they keep their heads down and whinge from the safety of anonymous aviation forums.

Normally when, for a variety of reasons, they are simply incapable of taking responsibility for their own situations.
Too lily-livered in many cases, too afraid they might upset someone important and damage their career prospects in their airline. Much easier to blame those nasty BA pilots for all their troubles!

Why don't BA pilots do, as has been suggested, simply set up the British Airways Airline Pilots Association!
That was my fervent wish, during most of my time in BA.

Guys, in case you don't get it, if your T & Cs aren't as good as you want, YOU need to do something about it, other than whinging on about BALPA and BA pilots. Yes, you are entitled to help and support from BALPA, but any improvement must start with you!

The plain fact is that those of you who work under substandard conditions are too disorganised, and in some cases too nervous, to do anything about it.

Sorry if the truth hurts!