PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Balpa membership and BA
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2008, 11:57
the heavy heavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fully paid up balpa member and will happily strike.

Pretty obvious which drop file I went in!

Didn't have tfr

Good to see nobody wants to take responsibility for their actions. Off course the self sponsored tre/ line trained pilot had in no way encouraged managers to degrade t&c's for all. Just like drunk drivers are really just let down by the barman that serve them. For the benefit if doubt my 'contempt' is for the small number of pilots who are paying airlines to train them. If paying for line training isn't as good as bribing ur way to a job what us? I'm sure that selection is done on merit.

I wholly agree about the sentiments of ba trg dept. My fleet has lost great ex managers, ex Raf and civvies, to be replaced by company men and an ethos exactly as descibed.

I wholly agree that as pilots unity within companys is essential. In my short time with BA I've been shocked at the level of envy and hate that the rest of the civil world has for us. No doubt you will say its because of opinions like mine. I've got mates in every major airline in the uk and have never felt superior to any of them because of where I worked. Then again none of them paid for their line trg. So I tend only to post on pp when somebody outwith ba Slags us off. This thread started because of the usual ba/balpa whining. I apologise for taking it off thread.

Finally I wish you all good luck in driving up your t&c's. Hate me and my type or not but if we lose this fight we will all pay.