PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French DGAC award English pilot only level 5 English!
Old 18th Apr 2008, 22:01
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I take it you've never read CAP 413, or any other nation's RT manual? That's the one that indicates the calls to be used in various contexts, i.e. puts the RT in context. I take it you have never trained as a pilot, where your instructor puts the RT in context?
Dear Life

Ouch !!
As a 777 skipper I must have done something right during my training ( I hope ). Sorry for the suffed instead of stuffed ( no punt intended ) big fingers, small keyboard.........!
No, I haven't read CAP 413 and I admit this doesn't preoccupy me all that much when landing in JFK or LAX.
As I said, I just went in, spoke when asked to, did my stuff, left and got a 6. Sorry if that upsets you so much. My Aussie ATPL is good enough to cruise around the world I'm afraid.
I think you are totally missing the point here. Moaning and bitching about the system won't help you one bit. They want it done a certain way and unless you want to spend another 80 Eur, that's the way you're going to have to do it. They rule, we don't. I know it's a crappy deal but that's the only one we've got. The real question is : do you need a french licence or not and how bad ? If not where's the problem ? If yes, then go by the rules because they won't change, not before you eat the dafodils by the roots anyway. I've been around long enough not to try to understand DGAC. Life's too short.
By the way, thanks for the info some were good enough to share on this site.
This goes for any other administration around the globe. They whistle the tune......we dance. I don't recall CASA to be all that logical either when it comes to air law.
If the FAA wants to stamp a licence for 2 $, be my guest. I've also got a US licence and it bears " restricted use " meaning " take your sorry self elsewhere ". Unless you are a US citizen or have a green card, it's useless.