PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Balpa membership and BA
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2008, 14:55
the heavy heavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
claudillo

no OS will not be flown under bidline rules. 3 back to back east coasts a month 2 man!

spunky monkey

my first job had HUD not FMC and flew supersonic at low level. I worked pretty had to get on the ladder as well. My last 3 years where spent helping others achieve the 'dream' that is being combat ready on a fighter sqn. never been called an arrogant clown before but have quite a few guys buy me pints down route in thanks for helping them out in hard times. I also have to buy quite a few myself. i understand perfectly that as a group we are stonger and better and can achieve more when we work together.

working hard to get on the ladder is not the same as spending daddys money to buy a frozen atpl and then pay for a type rating and work for free. I have plenty of respect for the efforts that peope go to to become pilots. undercutting and working for free only earns my contempt.

erosion of t&c's didn't happen on my watch and i'm doing everything i can to stop it now.

bill of the hamptons

tosser, many thanks. I am a real living and breathing nigel.

its pilots who bought there wings and are willing to work for free that are one of the root causes of the problem here. they are every bit as guilty as the management. i'm afraid it takes a bit more than passing an irt in a light twin for me to give my respect and support to those pilots who undermine the entire funded ab-initio idea with their willingness to pay or their own training. merit and talent used to be the path to wings (still is for the few), now its the ability to raise the cash to pay for the training.

whats the pass rate at oxford? whats the pass rate at cranwell/valley? of course talent and abilty got nothing to do with it when you have cash and a poor standard to attain in the first place. but thats off message anyway. our strike is about the future for all pilots. if you are too stupid to see it then thats your problem. no doubt it's the reason your bleating about BA pilots taking action and using their union rather than fighting whatever issues you have.

Hand Solo

spot on