PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlink promotions
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2008, 11:06
VortexGen300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airlink?

I have to say I don't know the company and the only "contact" I have is that my AB-Initio Instructor is/was working there (I lost contact with him) and another friend who recently started with them.

I am just a bit worried - if Link were so bad - why have they been able to stay in business - might only be by the sheath of there pants but still?

If they were so bad why did all the guys/girls go there in the first place?

Well maybe it was the guys/girls that needed a stepping stone - a place to get into the system? Now they are moving on - and now suddenly instead of being honest and saying it was a stepping stone they are trying to make it out as if Link were the "culprits"? Well it may even be that management discovered this years ago - and started to operate accordingly. (low pay, training bonds, rostering) Why should it be that the guys that link are compared to not have the same trouble or problems. Well it might just be that they are all operating aircraft that are not percieved as stepping stones and therefore less prone to loose staff as fast as Link.

Employees have problems with management at airlines and other industries all over the show - often because of rapid growth and stubborness on both patries side and problems associated with the operation of the industry -

Dare I say often it is also because of employees not being honest about their own expectations (like "I see Link as a stepping stone" but trying to convince the interview party that they see Link as their ultimate place to work) and then to try and save face - all sorts of problems (real as well as percieved and stirred) are used as the suposed cause of a termination of a relation.

I must say I am awed by the fact that the management from Link are not getting into this debate - maybe they are just in a tight spot

I will agree that working conditions might be bad at some places (but read the threads elsewhere where crew were flying up to 200+ hours in 30 days just to keep the wheels running - says something about there commitment to their job) - however the conditions will not be altered by aggressively discouraging people to to work there - it will only become worse -

So when one has an issue with management - sort it out - or if you percieve it as impossible to resolve - leave them - but why make it misirable for everyone left behind?

I am of the opinion that this might just come back and bite the specific attitude.

Something to think about? or have I missed something obvious?

Stirred
VG300