PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTASLINK Crewing Crisis!
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2008, 08:12
b55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a need for a clarification here on NK's reply letter.
DeafStar PARAPHRASED the entire letter with his own interpretation, "The gist....."

Having a copy in front of me, at NO time does NK's letter say, "We are not going to improve your T&C's because we already have with our gererous retention scheme." This sentence does not exist in the letter.

There is only one paragraph in the one page letter that has anything to say.
"Clearly the environment for regional pilots remains dynamic.[DOH!] Any one initiative will not fully address the challenges that other regional airlines and we currently face.[BEG TO DIFFER!] We will continue to implement additional measures and initiatives to improve our ability to both retain and attract pilots. Any such measures will of course need to be considered within the context of a sustainable ongoing business model." [DOH!]

The letter to me only gives continued proof that NK and co. will only still REACT and not manage this situation, 18 months behind what is needed.

I assume they are tied up on this by Qantas, which doesn't have the same problem. BUT, ANY wages "blow out" by any one group within Qantas, by Qantas' definition, would cause a flood of trouble from all of the groups in Qantas, as they see it. 3% x 3% x 3% is Qantas' only answer. Which goes back to QLink and doesn't solve its pilot problem. Qantas doesn't care. Until that happens..... 0.